One of my all-time favorite cookies is peanut butter cookies. So when my mom shared a different date based cookie, I decided to create my own healthier version of peanut butter cookies. And, they’ve passed the “non-paleo” friend test!
I prefer a really smooth texture for these cookies so I blend everything together really well in a food processor. I’m not a fan of finding chunks of dates in my cookies. Takes the fun of peanut butter cookies right out of it 😉
You can scoop out the dough just like any other cookies or our favorite method is to roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick, cut into rectangles and place on a cookie sheet. Because these are made with a flax egg (don’t panic…all this means is 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed) and 2.5 Tbsp water) it makes a delicious raw cookie “dough” that is safe to enjoy.
Hope you enjoy these cookies!
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup almonds (roasted & salted) or any nut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (or regular egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- In a food processor, blend together dates, peanut butter, almonds, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda and salt until smooth
- Add in egg and mix until just incorporated
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Cook 350* for 10 minutes
- You can either scoop out portions just like regular cookies or our preferred method is to roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick and then cut out rectangles.
- If you use flax egg, this makes awesome cookie "dough"!!